Upcoming CAPK Events:
Feed the Need
Feed the Need and Get In for Free! Join us at the Kern County Fair and make a difference in your community. Bring 6 cans of non-perishable food items to support CAPK Food Bank, and enjoy FREE admission to the fair. It’s a win-win – have a great time at the fair while helping those in need. See you there!
Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Kern County Fairgrounds
1142 S P St. Bakersfield, CA 93307
Food Bank Expansion Ribbon Cutting
The Wonderful Community Food Center at the CAPK Food Bank Ribbon Cutting! The expansion is a testament to the dedication and support of individuals like yourself, who have contributed to the success of the CAPK Food Bank over the years.
October 5, 2023
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
CAPK Food Bank, 520 S. Washington Street, Bakersfield, CA, 93307 (Formerly 1807 Feliz Drive)
Friendship House Mixer
The countdown has begun for an unforgettable evening of fun, purpose, and community empowerment at the CAPK Friendship House Gala, themed “Passport to Success.” We cordially invite you to join us on October 5, 2023, at 5:30 PM, at The Collective (931 19th Street) for a night that promises to make a lasting impact.
The Friendship House is a dedicated program for the at-risk and low-income youth of Kern County. They provide educational and recreational programs to support the youth in their development and success.
Get yourself a ticket and come to this engaging mixer meant to uplift the youth in our community!
CAPK in Action
Sign up to Stay in Touch!
CAPK has many different programs and volunteer opportunities including the Food Bank, doing taxes at VITA and volunteering with children at Head Start or Shafter Youth Center. If you are interested in any of these opportunities please fill out the volunteer inquiry form and for more information on specific volunteer opportunities visit our Volunteer Portal.
Step by Step Guide on Becoming a CAPK Volunteer
- Fill out the CAPK Volunteer Inquiry form Volunteer Inquiry · Customer Self-Service (powerappsportals.com)
- An email with a registration link will be sent within 48 hours to the email that the individual submitted their inquiry with (make sure to check junk mail in case it lands there)
- Fill out registration (choose username and password)
- A prompt will come up where you will be asked sign Oath of Continentality/Risk of Liability Forms
- Once completing forms scroll up and hit “home.”
- You will then be prompted to home screen, where you will scroll down and hit “volunteer management.”
- Click on tabs “ongoing opportunities” or “events” to browse opportunities.
- “Apply” for the opportunity and staff will reach out if there is needed follow up
- Volunteer and have fun!
Make a Donation through the CAPK Foundation
As the philanthropic support to Community Action Partnership of Kern, the CAPK Foundation is dedicated to addressing the immediate funding needs of the agency and to serve as a catalyst by supporting the essential tools and resources we provide to the community. We believe we can make a place where poverty is rare, homelessness is brief and temporary, the hungry are nourished, all children have equal access to learning, and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential.
Message us today to make an impact or learn how you and your organization can help make a difference: email@example.com