Read Across America 2021!
Hello Readers! CAPK Head Start/State Child Development would like to invite you and members of the community to be a part of our first-ever Virtual Read Across America event! As you know, each year volunteers bring a book to our classrooms and read aloud to Head Start children. This year, we are asking volunteers to record themselves reading a book aloud so those stories can be shared in multiple classrooms across our agency.
Here is what you need to do to participate:
• Simply record yourself reading your favorite children’s story.
• Upload your video to any of the following social media pages: Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or Facebook!
• Sit back and watch the videos of all of the volunteers. You can even share with your programs!
When posting your videos, please remember to do the following:
• For Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, use hashtag #CAPKRAA21
• For Facebook, tag or @mention us (@CAPKHeadStart) anywhere in the post so our classrooms can find your video.
Book donations continue to be welcomed and can be sent to 5005 Business Park North, Bakersfield CA, 93309.
*Due to restrictions from our funding sources, books or materials containing religious instruction cannot be accepted.