CAPK’s Energy Program assists income-eligible residents with utility bill payments, free weatherization, and energy education, at no cost to the participants. Services include weather stripping; repair or replacement of windows and doors, heating/cooling appliances, stoves, and refrigerators; and more.
- CAPK’s Energy and Weatherization Program is open for appointments Monday -Thursday, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Applicants need to make an appointment to be seen by a Technician.
- In accordance to California law, masks must be worn when visiting the office.
- To maintain social distance requirements, only the applicant may enter the office. Except for disabled applicants, who require assistance.
- Applications can be mailed or dropped off at 300 19thStreet, Bakersfield, CA 93301.
- To make an appointment or to receive an application, please call 2-1-1.
- If someone in the household is receiving EDD benefits due to COVID-19, your household may be eligible to receive utility assistance. You must bring proof to confirm someone in your household is receiving EDD benefits beginning 1/1/2020 (e.g., A Notice of Award letter).