1. Differential Response Program: Case management services for referred clients from the Kern County Department of Human Services. This program is designed to engage families in services needed to strengthen and support each family to prevent future involvement with the child welfare system.
2.Case Management Services: First 5 Kern case management cases are referred by other agencies and/or are self-referred. This program is designed to assist parents and their children from birth to 5 years of age, so they may receive home-based and case managed services that promote early childhood learning. These services focus on improving early childhood outcomes in the areas of health, nutrition, early literacy and overall development.
3. Play and Learn Services: Preschool is offered to children ages 3 and 4 to experience learning in the classroom environment. The preschool classroom is located on the campus of Mojave Elementary School (15800 O St, Mojave, CA).
4. Summer Bridge Program
Children who turn five before September 1st of each school year and those who are entering kindergarten for the first time can gain classroom experience for the months of July and August. The goal and focus of the staff will be to prepare children for a successful entry into kindergarten quickly.
5. Available Referrals offered include:
6. Food Pantry:
7. Utility Assistance: Monthly access to HEAP applications and technicians for Mojave residents.
8. Emergency clothing closet is offered year-round