Locations & Hours
Community Action Partnership of Kern Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (CAPK VITA) Locations and Dates of Service.
By Walk-In Only
Tax Day is getting closer! Only one week away! CAPK VITA will be preparing taxes on a WALK-IN BASIS only, at our office located at 300 19th Street in Downtown Bakersfield.
Days and Hours of Service are as follows:
Tues. – Thurs., April 11 – 13: Noon to 7 pm
Fri., April 14: CLOSED
Sat., April 15: 10 am to 3 pm
Mon. & Tues., April 17 & 18: Noon to 7 pm
If you are a taxpayer who earned $54,000 or less in 2016, you may qualify. Please bring social security cards and proof of health insurance for everyone on the tax return, ID for the taxpayer and spouse if filing jointly, and all applicable tax documents. For information, call (661) 834-1724 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and Volunteering
• Call (661) 834-1724 or simply dial 2-1-1 to get information on how to file your taxes at any of the above CAPK VITA locations, or how to become a CAPK VITA volunteer.
What to bring to your CAPK VITA Appointment
• Proof of identification – Picture ID
• Social Security card(s) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number(s) or ITIN(s)
• W-2’s, 1099’s, gambling, Social Security, unemployment and any other tax documents/forms
• Health insurance information
• 1095A, 1095B or 1095C Form for health insurance
• Interest and dividends statements
• Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit
• Day care/provider information if applicable
• If married filing jointly, both spouses must be present