Locations & Hours
Community Action Partnership of Kern Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (CAPK VITA) Locations and Dates of Service
By Appointment Only
• Bakersfield Main CAPK VITA Site: 300 19th Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301 – Open Noon to 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday –Thursday; Fridays from Noon to 4 p.m. and every Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., from January 18 through April 8.
• McFarland Satellite Office: Family Life Worship Center, 501 West Perkins Ave., McFarland, CA 93250 – Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every other Saturday, beginning February 4 through March 18.
• Wasco Satellite Office: Grace Community Church, 1544 7TH Street, Wasco, CA 93280 – Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every other Saturday, beginning January 28 through April 1.
• Bakersfield Main CAPK VITA Site: 300 19th Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301 – End of Season Rush: April 11 through April 15 and April 18 (as the Internal Revenue Service is extending the filing deadline this year). Walk-in hours for these dates are still to be determined.
Information and Volunteering
• Call (661) 834-1724 or simply dial 2-1-1 to get information on how to file your taxes at any of the above CAPK VITA locations, or how to become a CAPK VITA volunteer.
What to bring to your CAPK VITA Appointment
• Proof of identification – Picture ID
• Social Security card(s) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number(s) or ITIN(s)
• W-2’s, 1099’s, gambling, Social Security, unemployment and any other tax documents/forms
• Health insurance information
• 1095A, 1095B or 1095C Form for health insurance
• Interest and dividends statements
• Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit
• Day care/provider information if applicable
• If married filing jointly, both spouses must be present