VITA – Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
CAPK VITA staff and volunteers provide year-round tax preparation and e-filing for low-to medium-income individuals and families. All VITA services are provided through trained IRS-certified staff and community volunteers to maximize refunds and take advantage of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
To learn more about the Earned Income Tax Credit, please visit www.caleitc4me.org
Since its launch in 2006, when staff and volunteers completed a modest 129 returns for Tax Year 2005, CAPK’s VITA program has grown by an astonishing 4,000% to more than 5,321 returns completed in 2018.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
1. Photo ID and Social Security Card for yourself and your spouse
2. Social Security Card for all dependents claimed on your return
3. All tax documents, W-2, 1099 Misc, 1099 R, Unemployment, Cash income, etc
4. All insurance information for everyone claimed on your return
5. Day care providers name, address, telephone number, and tax ID number, the amount paid
6. Direct deposit information, routing and account numbers
7. Home mortgage, home taxes, charitable contributions, medical deductions, etc
8. Self employed information: income, expenses, etc
9. And any other documents that you think are important to your tax return
10. If married, both spouses must be present