VITA – Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
CAPK VITA staff and volunteers provide year-round tax preparation and e-filing for low to medium-income individuals and families at NO-COST. All VITA services are offered by trained, IRS-certified staff and volunteers to maximize refunds and take advantage of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
CalEITC is a cashback tax credit that puts money back into the pockets of California’s working families & individuals. More than 2 million people
claimed the credit in 2019, bringing in over $380 million.
To learn more about the Earned Income Tax Credit, please visit www.caleitc4me.org
Since its launch in 2006, when staff and volunteers completed a modest 129 returns for Tax Year 2005, CAPK’s VITA program has grown by an astonishing 4,000% to more than 5,321 returns completed in 2018.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
1. Picture ID for taxpayer and spouse.
2. Social Security cards or ITIN documentation
for every person on the return.
3. All W-2s, 1099 and any other documentation
of income (retirement, interest, dividend, etc.)
4. All 1098 forms for educational expenses.
5. 1095A form for health insurance purchased
through Covered California.
6. Childcare provider information: name,
address, tax ID# or SSN & phone number,
and the amount paid.
7. Bank account and routing number for
8. Previous year tax return.
(not required, but helpful)