Programs & Services
1. Differential Response Program: Case management services for referred clients from the Kern County Department of Human Services. This program is designed to engage families in services needed to strengthen and support each family to prevent future involvement with the child welfare system.
2. First 5 Kern case management services: First 5 Kern case management cases are referred by other agencies and/or are self-referred. This program is designed to help children birth to 5 years old and their parents. Children and their families receive home-based and case management services that promote early childhood learning. These services focus on improving early childhood outcomes in the areas of health, nutrition, early literacy and overall development.
3. Play and Learn Services: Preschool is offered to children ages 3 and 4 to experience learning in the classroom environment. The preschool classroom is located on the campus of Mojave Elementary School (15800 O St, Mojave, CA).
4. Summer Bridge Program is offered in July and August to children who will be five years old by September 1st and entering kindergarten in the upcoming school year who have not had any classroom experience. The focus is to prepare children for a successful entry into kindergarten quickly.
5. Referrals offered include:
- Medical and dental care
- Mental health counseling/ Substance abuse treatment and counseling
- Emergency services
- County and community programs
6. Food Pantry:
- The food pantry is available year-round to clients enrolled in programs.
- During November and December, through their Harvesting Hope Campaign, Stater Bros Market donates nonperishable food items to be distributed to Mojave residents.
7. Utility Assistance: Monthly access to HEAP applications and technicians for Mojave residents.
8. Emergency clothing closet is offered year-round