Programs & Services
1. Differential Response Program: Case management services for referred clients from the Kern County Department of Human Services. This program is designed to engage families in services needed to strengthen and support each family to prevent future involvement with the child welfare system.
2. First 5 Kern Case management services: First 5 Kern case management cases are referred by other agencies and/or are self-referred. This program is designed to help children 0-5 year old and their parents. Children and their families receive home-based services such as Nurturing Parenting Home Base and/or School Readiness Home Base P. These services focus on improving early childhood outcomes in the areas of health and nutrition, early literacy and language development, and quality child care.
3. Play and Learn Services are offered to children ages 4 and 5 to ensure children are school healthy and ready to learn. This is a center based service provided at Mojave Elementary School (15800 O St, Mojave, CA).
4. Summer Bridge Program is offered in the summer (July – August) to children 4 and 5 years of age who will be entering kindergarten in the fall of the upcoming school year, to ensure they are kindergarten ready.
5. Referrals offered include:
- Medical and dental care
- Mental health counseling/ Substance abuse treatment and counseling
- Emergency services
- County and community programs
6. Food Pantry:
- The food pantry is available year-round to clients enrolled in programs.
- During November and December, through their Harvesting Hope Campaign, Stater Bros Market donates nonperishable food items to be distributed to Mojave residents.
7. Utility Assistance: Provide HEAP applications to Mojave residents (The web designers can add the link to the application here so people can click on it and print it.)
8. Emergency clothing closet is offered year-round