Weatherization and Utility Assistance (HEAP)
An applicant must provide copies of the following documentation: Documentation must be current and within Six weeks of application date.
- Passport to Services - Print out for CalFresh and CalWorks -
- 30 days of current employment Check stubs (1 for monthly, 2 for bi-weekly, 4 for weekly pay)
- Unemployment or Workers Compensation Social Security print out dated within the last six weeks, if no bank account is available.
- Other income earned or unearned must be reported using a HEAP CSD form 43B.
If you have a 48-hour notice or your utilities are disconnected and your bill exceeds the amount you qualify for, the difference must be paid and a receipt provided prior to your application being processed.
Your HEAP application is not a commitment that your bill will be paid. Therefore, you must continue to pay the amount owed on your bill. If eligible, a credit will be sent directly to the utility vendor within 90 days.
Energy Intake Form CSD 43
Energy Intake Form CSD 43 (Espanol)
Survey of Income and Expenses Form CSD 43B
Survey of Income and Expenses Form CSD 43B (Espanol)
Checklist of Energy Efficient Practices
Making the Most of Your Money
***Faxed or Emailed applications are not accepted***
Mail or Drop off application at: 3115 Sillect Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93308
Households must provide the following with their application:
**Note: PG&E current bills are identified by a blue stripe on the top portion of the bill. 15 day & 48-hour notices are identified by an orange stripe on the top portion of the bill.
For more information you may contact CAPK HEAP at (661) 336-5203.
Weatherization is a service that is provided to make your home more energy efficient. CAPK provides assistance to more than 1,000 households on an annual basis. To qualify, the applicant must reside in Kern County and have a total household income at or below 150 percent of the federal poverty income guidelines.
An applicant must provide copies of the following documentation:
Measures are installed in homes according to the home assessment performed by our Outreach Specialists. An applicant may receive:
1. Refrigerator replacement; requires an evaluation to see if it qualifies for replacement.
2. Attic Insulation.
3. Weatherstripping around doors, installing door shoes and thresholds.
4. Caulking all doors and windows.
5. Low-flow shower heads and aerators.
6. Water heater blankets.
7. Carbon monoxide detectors.
8. Safety check of all gas appliances.
9. Set-back thermostat.
10. Limited minor home repairs.
11. Duct testing of FAU heating and cooling systems.
12. Smoke alarms.
Note: Installations will be contingent upon feasibility.
If you would like to see if you qualify for utility and/or weatherization services, please call (661) 336-5203 or 1-800-988-7771. Due to the high volume of applications received on a daily basis, no walk-ins are accepted. You must make an appointment.