Helping People... Changing Lives
Established in 1965, Community Action Partnership of Kern (CAPK) administers more than a dozen programs aimed at meeting children, families and individuals at their point of need, for those who have had difficulty engaging the American Dream.
The work of CAPK touches the lives of more than 150,000 of your neighbors, co-workers, family and friends annually, by:
- Distributing 7.9 million pounds of food for the food insecure
- Nutrition for 20,775 women, infants and children
- Early childhood education and preschool for over 4,000 children
- Answering over 57,000 calls for human and social services referrals
- Serving 972,000 meals to children
- Utility assistance for 12,300 families
- After school and summer programs for 475 at-risk youth
Community Action changes people's lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.